Understanding and Responding to the Larger Societal Context
In Wolf Creek Public Schools AP 421 – Assessment Model for School Administrators, “The principal understands and responds appropriately to the political, social, economical, legal and cultural contexts impacting the school.”
“People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.”
Simon Sinek – Start with Why
What I have done to meet the competency:
- Establish a connection with Rimbey High School industrial arts teacher to have ex Bluffton students come and give back by building benches and work areas to enhance the learning spaces of Bluffton School.
- Work with town of Bluffton to and community organizations to help regenerate the hockey rick for students to use during school and outside of school hours.
- Help staff, parents and students understand and create safe and caring educational opportunities for all students in the community.
- Create relationships with various businesses, organizations and people in the community.
- Conoco Phillips – Weight room for students, provide the supplies and man power for our Meet the teacher BBQ, help establish classroom libraries to promote literacy.
- Rimbey Review
- Bluffton Community Centre
- Reading to students on Literacy Day
- Work with Rimbey High School to facilitate the successful transition of grade 9’s going into grade 10.
- I ensure that I am up to date with trends and developments in education that could facilitate purposeful change and innovation.
- Educate staff and students about the changing landscape in regards to social, legal and ethical implications of using technology.
- Make sure staff and students are using technology safely and appropriately.
- Worked with the Lacombe Golf and Club to set up run a golf option at the school where students would be bused to the golf course each day to use their facilities.
- Worked with Wolf Creek’s Technology Services department to help with the role out of a parent purchase chromebook program.